TEAM FTF WINS WORLD FISHING CHAMPIONSHIP
Thursday, March 7, 2013 - 10:06AM
Adventure Fishing World Championship
. Out of 64 kayakers, only one team (Fishing the Flats) scored fish at all five checkpoints.
- 16 of the 32 teams registered fish at the minimum three checkpoints.
- 1 team DQ'd for lost token.
- 3 teams DQ'd for overtime penalty.
- 12 teams DQ'd for failing to register at least one fish at three
- Minimum distance traveled if three checkpoints reached - 12 miles.
The Fishing the Flats Team of Mike McDonald and Billy Alstrom in his Jackson "Cuda" Kayak traveled almost 30 miles to for their impressive accomplishment, both winning a Native Watercraft Slayer. Congratulations guys!
The Adventure Fishing World Championship (AFWC) was born out of a desire to create a new format of catch-photo-release (CPR) kayak fishing tournament that by design would level the playing field as much as possible, eliminating “home filed advantage”. Teams consisting of two people would be tested and challenged on navigation skills, strategy and endurance to reach and catch fish at a minimum of three out of five qualifying checkpoint destinations that were only revealed the morning before launch.
For more information contact:
Call Phillip at 336-324-9405