KINGFISH PIECES WITH GARLIC HERBS & TOMATOES
By Thomas P. Gilbert
||Stick of butter|
|4||tbsp dried chopped parsley|
|2||oz of Soy Sauce|
|2||oz of “Crystal” Louisiana Hot sauce|
|3||tbsp lemon juice|
|Pinch (1/16 tsp)||of cayenne pepper|
|1 cup||olive oil|
|1||Large garlic bulb – crushed, peeled, coarsely chopped|
|1 (14oz) can||of diced tomatoes (Del Monte with basil, garlic, & oregano)|
|1||nice filet with skin off & bones removed (2 to 3 LB of Fish) cut in 3 in. wide strips|
• Prepare herb–butter by mixing at room temperature, 2 tbsp dried parsley chopped, 1 tbsp lemon juice & pinch (1/16 tsp) of cayenne pepper. Set aside for later to pour over fish after it is cooked
• Marinate fish in Zip Lock bag for 1 hour minimum Add to bag 2 oz of Soy sauce, 2 oz of “Crystal” Louisiana hot sauce, garlic (crushed, peeled, & coarsely chopped), 2 tbsp dried chopped parsley, 1 tbsp lemon juice, & 1 tsp of black pepper
• To cook, lightly cover the bottom of a non-stick skillet with olive oil & pre-heat. Add fish cook 3 to 5 minutes (until golden brown). Turn fish over add the marinade and diced tomatoes cover skillet with lid. When you see the mix getting hot reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes longer or until fish is cooked through.
• Serve fish covered in the cooking sauce then top with herb butter mix.
* Five star rating by every one who tasted it.