Grilled Seafood Chowder
|1 x 4-6 oz||snook filet, skin on|
|1 x 4-6 oz||Mahi Mahi filet, skin on|
|1 x 4-6 oz||salmon steak, skin on|
|1 x 4-6 oz||shark steak, skin on|
|6||jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed|
|6 large||scallops, cleaned with muscle removed|
|3 tbsp. + 1 tbsp.||melted butter|
|3 tbsp.||King of the Q Cajun Seasoning or your favorite Cajun seasoning|
|3 slices||double-smoked bacon, diced|
|1 small||onion, diced|
|2 stalks||celery, diced|
|3 oz + 1 L||vegetable stock|
|2 cups||blanched potatoes, diced|
|½ cup||white wine|
|2 cups||whipping cream|
|1 cup||crab meat|
green onions, finely chopped
sea salt to taste
freshly chopped dill to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high (about 400°-450°F) and preheat wok to high (about 500°-550°F).
- Brush snook, mahi mahi, salmon, shark, shrimp, scallops, mussels and crab meat with 3 tbsp. melted butter. Season fish and seafood liberally with Cajun seasoning, gently pressing the spices into the meat to adhere.
- Place snook, mahi mahi, salmon and shark, skin side down, onto grill and grill for 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until lightly charred and just cooked through.
- Meanwhile add 1 tbsp. melted butter to the wok. Add bacon, onion and celery and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes until just tender.
- Add 3 ounces of stock, corn and potatoes to wok and bring to a boil, stirring to combine.
- Add white wine, return to boil and allow mixture to reduce.
- Add remaining litre of vegetable stock and return to boil. Add whipping cream and return to boil.
- Remove grilled fish and seafood and cut into bite sized pieces. Add to chowder along with mussels, crab meat, peas and green onions. Mix well to combine and return to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes until chowder thickens.
- Adjust chowder with sea salt and fresh dill to taste. Ladle into bowls to serve with crackers for dunking.