Grilled Tuna Taco
|½||cup soy sauce|
|2 tsp.||sesame oil|
|1 tsp.||fresh chopped ginger|
|1-2 tsp.||Sambal chili sauce|
|1 cup||mango, peeled and diced|
|1 cup||ripe avocado, pit removed and diced|
|1||small red onion, diced|
|1 tbsp.||lemon or lime juice|
|¼ cup||pickled ginger, chopped|
|1 tbsp.||olive oil|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|½ cup||carrot, thinly sliced|
|½ cup||Daikon radish, thinly sliced|
|½ cup||cucumber, thinly sliced|
|2 tbsp.||fresh chopped cilantro|
|2 tbsp.||fresh chopped Thai basilï¿½salt and pepper, to taste|
|1 tbsp.||fresh cracked black pepper|
|1 tbsp.||sesame seeds|
|1 tbsp.||Kosher salt|
|1 x 12-16 oz||tuna loin, cut into 2 x 1 ½-inch thick steaks|
|4||large taco shells|
|1 cup||watercress or shredded lettuce|
- To prepare the basting sauce and dressing in a bowl combine soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, chili sauce and lemon juice. Transfer ½ cup of the mixture to another bowl and set aside for basting.
- To prepare the salsa in a bowl combine mango, avocado, red onion, lemon or lime juice, olive oil and pickled ginger. Mix to combine, season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large bowl gently toss sliced carrot, radish, cucumber and sprouts. Pour over remaining basting sauce/dressing, toss, garnish with cilantro and basil, season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Preheat grill to high (about 450-500°F).
- Combine black pepper, sesame seeds and kosher salt. Mix well and crust tuna steaks, on all sides, gently pressing the spices into the fish to adhere.
- Grill tuna over direct heat for 1 to 2 minutes, per side, until just rare, basting with reserved ½ cup of dressing/basting liquid. Remove from grill, cool slightly and slice each tuna steak into 4.
- To assemble the taco place one quarter of the watercress into the bottom of the taco shell. Place a layer of salad into the taco and top with sliced grilled tuna. Garnish with salsa. Repeat with remaining grilled tuna and taco shells and serve.