Jerk Rubbed Mahi Mahi with Tomato Choka
|2 6 oz||Pieces of Mahi Mahi|
|2||˝ inch Pineapple Slices|
|2 oz||Jerk Paste|
|Pea and Rice|
|1 Tbsp||Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1||Salt and Pepper|
For the Fish
1. Using a Spice grinder or mortar and pestle grind Cinnamon, Pimento Berries, Curry and Cloves
2. Heat a Sauce Pan add a tsp of olive Oil and ground spices to sweat.
3. Add Onions, Scotch Bonnet, Garlic, Ginger and Sliced Pumpkin.
4. Add Floured Fish Cubes.
5. Add Coconut Milk and Raisins and stew until Fish is cooked and Pumpkin is soft.
6. Approximately 10-15 minutes at 400 F
For the Pea’s and Rice
1. Dice your Onion while heating a sauce pan.
2. Sauté your Onions, Garlic, Ginger and Rice in butter
3. Add your pea’s then your water and cook (while stirring occasionally) until water is gone.
4. Season with Salt and Pepper.
For the Tomato Choka
1. Season your tomato in Olive Oil and Salt and Pepper and Grill.
2. In a mixing bowl add Chopped herbs, Garlic, Ginger and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
3. Cut grilled Vegetables and add to bowl.
4. Toss the mixture and season with Salt and Pepper.